Are you an enthusiastic individual who enjoys rewarding work in a unique, dynamic, and fun environment? Woodward Academy is the place for you. Woodward Academy is a juvenile centered program that focuses on education, vocations, and intramural / athletics. We are currently seeking Youth Counselors for 2nd, and 3rd shift.
• Supervise youth in activities in order to observe or effect changes in their social behavior.
• Maintain the security of the facility and grounds.
• Stimulate interest and cooperation in individual and group activities and observe youth behavior in response to treatment efforts.
• Observe methods and techniques of Group Leaders during group therapy sessions and develop counseling skills under their supervision; participate in the treatment of the youth through observation, interaction, scoring, limit setting, and implementation of treatment plans; and assist in the development of a positive peer culture.
• Escort youth to work, mealtime, recreation, education activities, and participate in their supervision and instruction.
• Maintain proper conduct and security of youth in work, recreation, and education; administer and record medication as ordered.
• Limited one-to-one counseling.
• Prepare periodic and special evaluations on assigned youth, report significant changes in social behavior and make recommendations for changes in assignments.
• Provide crisis intervention with juveniles
• Give basic instruction in work, recreation and housekeeping activities.
• Perform related work as assigned or required.
• Communicate orally and in writing all appropriate reports and information, both within the unit and to relevant outside agencies.
Salary varies based on shift: $10.50 to $11.25 /hour
• High school Degree or equivalent
• Capable of participating in physical training activities
• Capable of physically restraining the students if and when necessary.
• College degree in Human Services or alike
• Previous work/volunteer experience with kids under the age of 21