Be a part of the Total Rewards team at our excellent Client! Design and develop health and welfare benefits strategic planning of employee benefit plans, programs, procedures and policies to ensure they remain competitive, meet employees needs and continue to align with the Company’s mission. Support employees in the US and Canada. Establish service expectations and business requirements to vendors in the benefits delivery system. Provide analysis and monitor legislative and legal actions that may impact plans. Oversee day-to-day administration of health & welfare benefit plans.
1. Oversees implementation, transition and administration of all aspects of health & welfare, wellness, and voluntary benefits and disability programs.Required:
2. Partners with benefits team and vendors to set up new or changed benefits, merger and acquisition integrations, and to coordinate open enrollment materials.
3. Partners with Payroll and HRIS for any new or changing needs and file feeds. Provide basic reporting support, running queries, and review vendor file error reports to ensure information is processed in a timely manner. Audits data files between vendors and SAP to ensure accurate eligibility into and status changes are reflected. Conducts appropriate systems testing.
• Interfaces directly with ESS vendor on eligibility reporting requiring a working knowledge of vendors’ databases and process flows.
4. Functions as a liaison between benefit carriers/vendors and employees and advises employees on eligibility, coverage, and other benefits matters.
• Manages relationship with broker/consultant to include identification of plan design, vendor improvement and changes, compliance requirements and resolution of complex benefit escalations and appeals.
• Establish benefit administration procedures and process flows
• Administer benefit administration appeal process
• Mediate problems between benefit plan participants and providers
5. Administer Wellness Program including planning, implementing, initiatives and events and communication.
6. Oversees administration of leave of absence and workers compensation programs. Assesses opportunities for efficiencies and process improvements.
7. Monitor and administer overall compliance of health & welfare, wellness, and voluntary programs:
8. Coordinate legally required mailings and website postings on communication which includes items such as 1095-C, SPDs, SMMs, SARs, etc.
9. Partners with Benefits Consultant on benefit compliance, including SPDs, SARs, and SOX
10. Conduct and/or participates in meetings to describe, explain and respond to questions concerning various benefits programs. Shares responsibility for facilitating a new hire orientation specific to benefits. Give benefits presentations to all levels of the workforce.
11. Leads and oversees the planning, communication and administration of annual health evaluations, file transfers, well-being vendor contract renewal, and organizational health scorecard updates.
12. Leads and oversees annual enrollment process on insurance and tax deferred accounts.
13. Maintain Benefit intranet site and work with vendors to maintain their sites.
14. Administers the executive physical program.
15. Completes monthly and annual benefit cost updates to include self-insured funding vs. claims, burden rate, and DOL survey.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five years professional employee benefit experience working in development, design, and administration, with 3 years in health & welfare administration
- Knowledgeable in HR, HRIS, all types of benefit plans and administration, external vendor management, and ERISA.
- Able to implement plans and manage open enrollment
Fully benefited W-2 position through HRtechies/Hive Tech HR, Inc. eligible first-of-month following start date coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and 401k. (INCLUDES 50% of dependent coverage for medical and dental!) Opportunity to convert to a direct employee of client within 6 months.
- Working knowledge of payroll and HRIS systems; SAP knowledge preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of laws and regulations impacting employee benefits including, but not limited to ADA, ADEA, COBRA, FMLA, ERISA, EGTRRA, HIPAA, ACA, VETS, Davis-Bacon, McNamara-O’Hara Service Contract Act, Walsh-Healey Public Contracts Act, Copeland Act, and Internal Revenue Code sections 79, 125,.
- Knowledge of various types of insurance contracts and provisions including but not limited to preferred provider organizations, health maintenance organizations, and consumer-based tiered networks
- Experience with self-funded and fully-insured plans.