Mid-sized company based in the North Miami area is looking for a solid GL Accountant to join their explosively growing firm. Ideal candidate should have 2+ years of GL exp, 4 year degree in Accounting from a reputable school and have worked in a corporate accounting environment. Client is experiencing a lot of growth and they are looking for individuals that can bring a lot of energy and a strong work ethic to join the team. Great culture, and a lot of opportunity to grow within.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Prepare, review and approve journal entries.
- Review expenditures to ensure proper account coding and classification.
- Review monthly P&L variances to budget and provide explanations to significant variances.
- Prepare consolidated reporting and analysis for senior management.
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations and analysis.
- Oversee timely processing of inter-company transactions to business units.
- Serve as a liaison between Finance and other departments as well as the business units and internal/external auditors.
- Perform other ad-hoc financial and accounting projects as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• B.S. in Accounting and/or Finance
• Minimum 2+ years of GL accounting experience
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
• Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
• Solid understanding of GAAP.
• Proficient computer skills, especially Excel.