We are looking for a person with Sr. audit accounting skills who can provide proactive support for corporate management's certifications of controls under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) by evaluating business processes that ensure the company's assets are properly accounted for and are adequately safeguarded from loss. The Senior Audit Accountant will work closely with all levels of management across the organization documenting and evaluating internal controls. This position reports to the Director of Internal Audit.
- Identify and apply efficient practices in order to complete audits within the established timeline
- Perform comprehensive reviews of controls as it relates to SOX compliance
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the Company’s system of internal controls and efficiency of operations
- Evaluate and identify potential risks and provide recommendations for corrective action
- Assist with department administration duties
- Run reports from various systems and perform data analysis
- At least two years of experience in public accounting performing audit engagements for public companies
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Accounting
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office with an emphasis in Excel
- Organized and attentive to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Works well independently
Call Mike or Pete
'Michiana's Most Connected Recruiters"