Our client is a growing medium sized CPA firm and Payroll company in need of a specialist that is proficient in payroll and bookkeeping. Candidate would have excellent computer and phone skills. Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask are crucial, and prior payroll experience is required.
The Payroll Specialist requires proficient computer skills in order to process payroll using a hosted web based application. Advanced knowledge of the entire payroll cycle is a must; which includes a solid understanding of federal and state wage regulations and payroll calculations. Must be able to work directly with clients and maintain strict confidentiality. The position allows for flexible daytime hours, so long as deadlines are met and payrolls are completed.
Also must have ability to make quarterly tax deposits, import payroll transactions, generate W-2s and review the general ledger.
Minimum of two year accounting degree with payroll experience
- Working experience using a web based payroll and/or HCM
- Experience working with Excel, Word and Outlook
- Must be extremely accurate and have a highly developed orientation to detail
- Ability to independently problem solve
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
Very flexible for the candidate who wants to work anywhere from 24-40 hours per week!
Office is located in a professional office building with cafeteria in the West End neighborhood of St Louis Park.