Our client is a great non-profit organization based in Pittsburgh.
We are working with this organization to recruit for a Director of Human Resources and Administration.
Purpose: To manage all human resources functions and guide organizational culture in order to support the practices of a high-performing organization. Our highest priority is a high-performing employee team achieving our goals with integrity and respect for all, especially co-workers. Key responsibilities: (1) recruitment, (2) onboarding (3) staff professional development and (4) creating a respectful, diverse, energetic workplace culture.
Accountabilities- (some may be delegated to direct report):
· Manage recruitment process to maintain and build a team consistent with organizational mission and skill requirements
· Assure staff diversity
· Administer administrative requirements of recruiting to assure efficient use of management resources required to support the process
· Assure initial introduction of new staff to organization is productive and welcoming
· Address organization-wide learning requirements and support department-specific learning requirements
· Onboarding will support building of team focused on mission and culture as well as necessary skills
3. Staff Professional Development
· Ensuring staffing skills and levels are aligned with needs and available resources of the organization
· Address professional development appropriate for continued progress of staff in their career path
· Manage development of team to support contemplated organization needs and succession planning
· This area includes conducting of training for all staff and individual coaching
· Administer job description and annual performance management functions
4. Create a respectful, diverse, energetic workplace culture
· Create and implement programs to enhance engagement, morale and team building
· Manage employee communications programs
· Diversity initiatives
· Perform exit interviews
· Satisfaction/engagement surveys
· Manage office services and workplace environment/facilities
5. Administer Compensation & Benefits
· Salary increases
· Administration of benefits
· Benefits renewals & plan designs
· Internal/External Salary Scans & benchmarking
6. Ensure Legal Compliance
· Unemployment/Worker’s Compensation Insurance administration
· Maintain personnel files
· Maintain background checks
· Distribute annual notifications as required
QUALIFICATIONS TO PERFORM JOB SUCCESSFULLY
· Possess PHR (Professional Human Resource) or SPHR (Senior Professional Human Resource) certification.
· BA/S or equivalent experience of 4-5 years in business practices, human resources, customer service, or related subject matter.
· Understanding of and commitment to the mission, vision, and goals of the organization
· Proficient in the latest Microsoft Office Environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
· Familiarity with general office equipment;
Duties require planning, organizing, and performing a variety of duties applying a wide range of procedures and rules. Duties require attention to detail, high degree of accuracy, reliability, timeliness, alertness, and use of judgment. Also requires writing ability, creativity, and concentration. Access to and use of confidential data where discretion/sensitivity is of utmost importance. Mature judgment and confidence.